Parents: Copy and paste this worksheet into your word processing program. Make any changes you like to meet the needs of your children. Then print the worksheet as often as you choose.
Directions: Underline the noun used in each sentence.
For advanced students: Over the nouns, write PL for a place noun, PE for a person noun, T for a thing noun, and I for an idea noun. Write PN for a proper noun. Write PR for pronouns.
1. Matthew and Mandy are twins.
2. They want to plant a garden.
3. Matthew is planning to put vegetables in his half of the garden.
4. Mandy is going to plant fruit in her half of the garden.
5. They are also going to plant a flower garden for their mother.
6. Matthew planted a row of carrots because they are his favorite vegetable.
7. He also planted beans so his father could make bean soup all winter.
8. He chose corn because his family roasts the ears for holidays.
9. Mandy loves strawberries in her cereal.
10. She planted several rows of strawberries.
11. Mandy planted melons because they are her grandmother's favorite food.
12. She planted blueberries near the strawberries.
13. Mandy noticed that she had red and blue fruits together.
14. If she could think of a white food to plant in the same area, she could have a patriotic garden.
15. What foods are white?
Extension: On the back of this paper, draw a picture of the garden you would like to grow